Uh-oh! After a winter in the tack box has the knot in your halter come undone? Following are a few quick and easy steps to re-tighten the knot. See below for images.
- Position the halter so the knot is facing you and locate the two pieces of rope that are stitched together.
- Neaten the knot with the stitched pieces in the center.
- Push the two stitched pieces up through the center of the knot.
- (and 5) Grab these from the top and pull through.
- (see below for image examples)
- As you tighten your knot make sure the stitches are at the top center of the loop.
- (not pictured) to set the knot place the loop on something sturdy and give the other end of the halter a few firm tugs.