This is the process manufacturing is using to install carrot stick poppers:
- Push tool into popper end to open it up
- Push popper on to end of carrot stick shaft
- Wrap stick just below base of popper (over two leather tabs) with 4” piece of strong adhesive tape
- Drill hole through tape and stick shaft
- Use leather awl to thread piece of waxed thread through hole twice, then tie and cut off loose ends
- Use 5’ length of waxed thread to wrap around tape and base of popper, tie off thread to secure, and trim off loose end
- Apply regular clear PVC cement to waxed thread and allow to dry
Some things to keep in mind:
- When replacing a leather popper, the customer would first need to remove the original popper and clean any tape or adhesive off the stick end before installing the new popper.
- We do not recommend drilling a new hole in the shaft as multiple holes would weaken the shaft.
- The tape used does not need to be double sided, it just needs to be about 1” wide and have strong adhesive.
- The PVC cement Parelli uses comes from the plumbing supply section of our local hardware store.
- Waxed thread can be purchased at Tandy Leather.